The following update has been provided by Conway who have been carrying out the improvement works on Beckenham High Street.
- Paving has been completed to 162 High Street. Kerbing has continued south of the existing pedestrian crossing.
Next week’s works:
- Footway and kerbing will continue south to The Drive. This phase of work is anticipated to be completed by April 30 subject to construction complications or adverse weather.
- Tactile paving is being continued to be re-laid at Thornton’s Corner.
- The entrance to Leather Alley is due to be re-laid on Thursday 12 and Friday 13 April. Vehicle users of the alley have been notified. It should be noted that there is a void under the entrance and until the existing pavement is removed the full extent of the problem cannot be determined.
- The pedestrian island in The Drive will be removed in anticipation of works to this corner.
- The existing small, on street compound will be moved to the parking bays outside 258 to 262 High Street. The bays will therefore be out of operation.
- From April 16 the High Street from Kelsey Lane to the War Memorial will no longer be two way. This is to create sufficient space for the contractors to carry out works on the opposite side of the road. The 352 bus will therefore be diverted up the High Street and around Rectory Road.
For the previous update visit: http://www.newsinbeckenham.co.uk/high-street-improvement-works-update-21-03-2018/