Green garden waste collection services have been reinstated for subscribers and Bromley Council have also announced that plastic, glass and tin recycling collection will be attempted as well.
Bromley’s recycling and waste services and street cleaning services had either been temporarily stopped or modified from March 25. However, the council has since announced that from April 6 green garden waste collection would be reinstated and plastic, glass and tin recycling would be attempted – but asked Beckenham residents to “please bear with us if we do not collect”.
Bromley Council say that their approach has been “carefully planned to minimise disruption as much as possible.”
For those living in a flat, collections remain the same.
For houses the following services will be in operation from Monday, April 6:
- Food waste and non-recyclable refuse will be collected as per the usual weekly and every other week schedules
- Subscribers to the green garden waste collection service will receive collections on their scheduled collection days
- Collection of plastic, glass and tins recycling will be attempted. Please bear with us if we do not collect, and store your recycling in a dry place until the following week
The following services are temporarily altered or suspended:
- Most household recycling services (paper & card; batteries, textiles and small electrical items) are temporarily suspended for all households except flats
- Bulky Items Service is temporarily suspended
- Box and bin deliveries are temporarily suspended
- Garden waste weekend sites are closed
- Street cleaning services have been altered
For more information on the latest changes visit: https://bit.ly/2yESZQ5