The following update has been provided by Conway who have been carrying out the improvement works on Beckenham High Street.
- The granite parking bays up to WH Smiths have now been completed. Some have already been made available for parking while the remainder will be reopened as soon as feasible. Paving has now been completed up to Caffe Nero.
- In consultation with the Post Office the existing nearby letter box has been slightly relocated.
Next week’s works:
- The paving adjacent to the shops will continue to WH Smith. Kerbing will continue towards Leather Alley.
- The entrance cross over to the alley between Miso and The Card Factory will be repaved on Thursday, 22 and Friday, 23 March. All residents and businesses using this area to park will be contacted and, together with the assistance of the local parking authority, relocated parking will be arranged.
- Bus stop J near the junction of Fairfield Road and the High Street will be reinstated. The works however are a temporary treatment until bespoke materials are installed.
- In order to maintain access to all shop entrances, pavement laying will be conducted out of normal hours between 6pm and 8pm on some days. Conway understand that this can be a nuisance and say they will endeavour to keep noise disturbance to a minimum during these times.
For the previous update visit: http://www.newsinbeckenham.co.uk/high-street-improvement-works-update-13-02-2018/