The following update has been provided by Conway who have been carrying out the improvement works on Beckenham High Street.
- The granite parking bays up to WH Smiths will be completed. In consultation with the Post Office the existing nearby letter box will be slightly relocated.
- The paving adjacent to shops will be laid outside of trading hours to allow access to shops during the day. Access will be maintained to all shop entrances.
- The bus stop outside Miso and Allure will remain temporarily closed as works continue.
- In response to the users of the Mews entrance, the cross over area will be modified to make the pavement / vehicle cross over more visible to pedestrians. This is due to be finished by Sunday afternoon. All residents using this entrance have been informed and a provision for temporary parking has been arranged.
- Cycle racks have now been installed between Southend Road and Thornton’s Corner. Conway apologise for the delay in reinstalling the racks outside Marks and Spencer.
- Next week Thames Water will be making new water connection to flats above The Card Factory. This unfortunately will mean that some of the new paving will have to be lifted.
For the previous update visit: http://www.newsinbeckenham.co.uk/high-street-improvement-works-update-26-02-2018/