The following update has been provided by Conway who have been carrying out the improvement works on Beckenham High Street.
- The kerbing and paving is complete on the North West corner of the War Memorial roundabout.
- Paving has continued outside Prezzo and across the Kelsey Square / High Street junction and outside Haks barbers. The cross over entrance to Coopers Mews has been completed.
- Kerb laying and new drainage has been completed between Burrell Row and Sainsbury.
Phase 5 works Lidl to Village Way:
- From Monday, July 21, the junction between Burnhill Road and Kelsey Square has been closed to traffic. The road will be re-open the week starting Monday, August 6 and all traffic management will revert to normal except for left turns out of Kelsey Square on to the High Street.
- The junction of Kelsey Square and Burnhill Road will be jet washed and due open to pedestrians next week.
- Paving will be completed outside Zizis.
- The parking bays outside Zizzi will be retained for deliveries only.
War Memorial Roundabout:
- Preparation for groundworks will commence on the North-East corner of the War Memorial roundabout outside the cinema.
- Street lights will continue to be installed at various locations.
- Cycle stands to be installed at various locations.
Burrell Row to Village Way:
- Kerbing and paving will continue.